DIY Turmeric & Lemon Facial – Exfoliates Without Scrubbing
A few weeks ago, I was at a friends birthday. At dinner this girl tells me, that she uses my Turmeric Face Mask all the time. I was really curious and asked her how she found it. Turns out she’s a dermatologist, and she would add lemon juice for an exfoliating effect. I had to try it out, and it worked really well:) So here it is, an updated recipe of my Turmeric Face mask. This is a bit harsher to the skin, due to the lemon juice and the low pH value, but not to get concerned. It’s diluted with the yogurt and you wash it off (don’t go out in the sunshine with lemon juice on your skin!).
- 1 tablespoon yogurt (any kind)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
Let it sit on your skin, till it’s dried up, then remove it with a warm cloth (a cloth you don’t mind getting all yellow!). Afterwards you will feel that your skin is really soft and your pores appear visibly smaller. I really love Turmeric Facials! Because of the yellow color, I thought it was worth repeating some of my learnings!;)
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and whisk it together
- Use a make-up brush to apply (or you will be rocking some very yellow fingers)
LEARNINGS! (all learned the hard way by ME)
- Be careful when applying near the hairline and your brows. The color might stick. Add some moisturizer beforehand (like when you use a self-tanning lotion) or use a scrub afterwards.
- Don?t wear white and this mask at the same time!
- Wash your face thoroughly after use, and don?t sleep with a white pillowcase:)
TIP: If you end up making a bigger portion than you need, put it in a jar and store in the fridge (will last 5-6 days). Or give some to a friend:)
BONUS: This worked wonders when me and my skin was feeling (and looking) hungover on a Sunday.
BONUS: For a more moisturizing turmeric facial, see this recipe.