Ice Cube Facial – The easiest trick for tight and glowing skin
This trick is one of my favourite pre-party-beauty-tips! It isn’t always possible to get 8 hours of sleep and a facial before a social event, but this beauty-hack will make your skin appear tighter and more glowing. It also reduces puffiness, keeps your skin smooth and reduces redness and visible pores. It can even be done laying down, which gives you an opportunity to extend your party-nap with a few minutes.
HOW TO: Give yourself an Ice Cube Facial
- All you need is an ice cube and a tea towel (or any piece of cloth you have handy).
- Remove all make-up and make sure your face is clean.
- Lay down on your bed with a towel under your head, or do it standing with your head over the sink.
- Make sure the ice cube has started to melt a bit, it should slides easily over your face and don’t freeze your skin (you definitely don’t want that!).
- Keep it gliding in circles all over your face and neck. Don’t keep the ice cube on the same spot for too long. The melting water will run down your face and neck, it might tickle a little bit!
- Keep at it for a few minutes, and then you’re DONE!
The effect is pretty immediate, gone is the puffiness from lack of sleep, stressful days or a night out. Your skin starts glowing and looks fresh and tight with seamless pores. It might help long term as well, on your overall complexion and fight against wrinkles. The ice facial gets the blood-circulation flowing, help the skin heal and look rejuvenated.
TIP: Use the ice cube against blemishes. Put the ice-cube in the cloth and hold it over the blemish for 1 minute. Make sure you don’t have direct contact between ice-cube and skin. Repeat a few times if you need to. The blemish will start to fade away, it really does work! For best effect, use it in the early state of the blemish;)
TIP: Add essential oils to the ice-cubes for even more benefits. Add a drop of tea tree oil if you’re struggling with acne, or use camomile for a more soothing effect.
BONUS: You can cut a few minutes of your make-up routine, now you don’t have to hide redness and contour any puffiness away;)
This trick is the best primer for your skin, before applying your make-up and going out, enjoy! #simplybeauty