Bikini Body Challenge – 30 days on Ciara’s weight loss regimen!
Two months ago I made a big mistake! I booked tickets to Marbella for the end of April.
I thought I had plenty of time to get my summer body ready, but we’re now 30 days away, and the thought of putting on a bikini, causes light symptoms of anxiety. 30 days is a long time, no need for “crash diets”, yet…
I mean, who’s ready to wear a bikini in April?!! I’m NOT a quitter, so instead of crying and praying for bad weather, I looked for inspiration. Beyonce got me through The Master Cleanse! This time I’m counting on Ciara, to get me bikini ready in 30 days!
Besides being the soundtrack of my teens (alongside Beyonce of course), she’s a fierce lady with a rocking body! She’s long-limbed like me, and knows how to build muscle all the right places. Apparently she lost 60 pounds in 4 months after giving birth, and is now looking sharper than ever. Not a bad source of inspiration.
She’s also really open about how she did it, which makes it a lot easier to copy (google to the rescue!). I researched her method and came up with some rules to follow over the next 30 days.
1, 2, step! Let?s do this!
- 60 minutes of exercise a day (this will primarily be an hour-long plyometric training or hardcore strength training. She would do cardio on the side, working out up to 3 times a day!)
- 1 gallon of water a day (3,8 liters)
- Follow a strict clean diet without too much processed food and salt
- 1 cheat day a week
- Eat every 3 hours small meals (5-7 meals)
Basically it’s just a “healthy lifestyle”, but a bit more extreme for the next 30 days! There’s a few challenges for me in this regimen.
- I haven’t been properly strength training with weights for about 6 months, which means I’m going to get really sore.
- I don’t have a chef to prepare my meals, any volunteers? And I normally don’t eat that often.
- I have a busy schedule with work, traveling and a lot of social functions (which includes food and drinks!).
I?m turning 29 in april as well, and this is supposed to be my prime year (according to a few articles). I?m not starting my 29th year with a muffin top or in my case a croissant top!
If you want to follow my daily struggles, add me on Snapchat (ceblak). I will be posting weekly about the course of this challenge, and feel free to jump on! (Listen to your body, ask questions if you have any:))
“I truly believe that if you put your goals in writing, speak them out loud, and work for them, they will happen.”
I have actually read somewhere that Ciara tried and quit The Master Cleanse, which means I’m already one step ahead backbone wise;) (I’m almost passed it, with some occasional nightmares. But i will be posting a review soon)
Today is day one, and I’m on my way to the gym! #simplyfit #simplyciarachallenge